Content Technical Artist Intern
Brighton, United Kingdom
11 days ago
Unity Technologies are looking for a Technical Artist Intern for an 11 month paid internship, on-site at our Brighton office, starting in the Summer of 2020. You will be working with the Content Team, who produce a wide range of tutorials, example projects, and interactive content that reaches millions of our users.
We want you to work with us to support aspirational projects that showcase the latest developments in realtime technology. You will be solving a wide variety of creative and technical tasks, so as a Technical Artist keen to expand their skills, we will make sure that you can learn and grow along with the product.
- Assist the team with creative and technical tasks
- Create art assets whilst following direction from artists and managers on the team
- Perform tasks within the Unity Editor involving particle effects, shaders, scene setup, and lighting and baking
- Evaluating new features for use within educational projects
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot artistic or pipeline issues
Skills and Relevant Experience
- Currently studying at University and looking for a placement year as part of your studies
- Enrolled in or recently completed a Games, Computer Science, Traditional Art, Illustration, or Animation related degree
- Knowledge of 3D content creation packages such as 3ds Max, Maya, Modo, or Blender
- Maintain a consistent standard of work
- Experience using real-time engines and some knowledge of scripting and engine workflows
- Knowledge of modern realtime rendering workflows such as Global Illumination and PBR
- Concept creation, graphic design or UI design
- Knowledge of 2D content creation pipeline
- Basic knowledge of C#
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.