Content Manager - Trade Marketing
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
8 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Do you have a passion for words, a knowledge of retail, and want to join a culture of empowered team members who thrive on innovation? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
We are seeking a Content Manager, Trade Marketing to lead the creation of ecommerce content and all outward facing B2B communication, aimed at informing and inspiring independently owned game store owners under the Wizards Play Network umbrella.
What You’ll Do:
A typical day will revolve around concepting, assigning, and editing content for our B2B site (WPN.Wizards.com), other trade communications, and copy for our ecommerce product listings. On occasion, you may also pitch in to write content. Other duties will include:
- Maintain calendar of content delivery
- Innovate campaign- or retail experience-specific communication tactics, in collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager
- Develop ecommerce product listings, in collaboration with our Senior Manager, Ecommerce
- Lead the enhancement and maintenance of WPN.Wizards.com and the localization of content
- Collaborate with consumer-facing communications team leads, advocating for retailer & distribution needs in identifying announcement and messaging dates
- Connect with global team leads to ensure they are informed of upcoming communication and that content is delivering on global strategic needs
- Analyze analytics and develop new content strategies based on data insights
- Develop, coach, and mentor 2 team members (Content Specialist, Operations; Content Specialist)
What You’ll Bring:
Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in an editorial or content management role, with knowledge of B2B marketing communications and proficiency in using CMS tools. We’d also like to see:
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Understanding of SEO copywriting fundamentals and Chicago Manual of Style conventions
- Experience managing content calendar
- Experience in people management
- Ability to take on projects with a self-starter attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to iterate and adapt based on collaboration with others and data insights
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks (self and through others)
- Basic knowledge of HTMLs
- Bachelor degree (required); major in journalism, communications, or similar (preferred).
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.