14 days ago
About Squanch Games:
Since opening our doors in 2016, we've recruited a troop of the most hilariously unique talent the biz has to offer. We're constantly looking to expand our team of incredible people: They're crackin' some jokes, making awesomely strange stuff, and thinking outside the box simultaneously -- that's the "Squanch Factor" if you will.
At Squanch Games, we make dreams come true – the funkiest, bizarrest dreams from the depths of our souls. Real complex stuff, but you probably know what we’re talking about because you’ve already played our games, right? RIGHT? (Hint: YES).
If you see molds and like breaking them, or boxes and enjoy stepping outside of them–ONWARD! Also, if you love working remotely, we're the studio for you.
Think you've got what it takes? Go for it. Seriously! Send us your resume!
What you'll do:
As a Content Designer at Squanch Games, you will be in charge of making the translation of design concepts into high-quality game execution. You love thinking about how to bring great character-driven narrative and content to life. You’ll work on levels at all points of their creation: paper maps, white box layouts, gameplay spaces, playtesting and iteration, and final polish. Building a world experience is extremely important to you and you have great ideas on how to make this even more impactful and funny.
In this role, you will:
- Own large sections of the game while assisting other designers.
- Use UE5 to build out well designed and functional white box layouts that also have great compositions, pacing, flow, and strong aesthetics.
- Collaborate and be humble: You know that the best work comes from a team who trusts and respects each other. You strive to collaborate with others and don’t care whose ideas win. Best ideas win.
- Be a great communicator of your designs, creating short and understandable documentation.
- Be willing to seek out and find solutions to problems.
- Seek feedback and iterate as necessary.
- Address bugs and gameplay issues to ensure a stable and polished product.
What we’re looking for:
- Unreal Engine 4/5 experience preferable, or extensive experience in another engine (Unity, Godot, etc.)
- Shipped title is preferred.
- Shipped console title is a plus!
- Confidence in creating narrative-driven experiences. Bonus if you've done things to make people laugh!
- Tech-friendly: Regardless of whether your tech background includes programming, scripting, or working in engine editors, we need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary. No paper-only designers, please.
- Work closely with other teams to deliver content that meets each disciplines goals and creates a memorable experience.
- A great communicator of designs, using whatever methods necessary to ensure that everyone understands them through every step of the process.
- Comfortable with some structure and process, but willing to roll with the punches.
- Salary range: $70,000 to $108,000 depending on experience
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Short term & long term disability insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- 401k and FSA
- Unlimited PTO & flexible schedule
- Completely remote studio
- Bonus to ensure a comfortable work from home setup
- Monthly snack box
- Monthly stipend for WFH expenses
We are a fully remote studio operating from all over the United States! While we haven't hit all 50, we encourage applicants from across the country to apply and help us complete our map.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Squanch Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, creed, marital status, registered partner or civil union status, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please check your spam & promotions folders for emails from Rippling! Sometimes they end up there.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.