Content Creator / Community Manager - Beatstar
Space Ape Games
London England United Kingdom
5 days ago
In case you hadn’t heard, we have a new music game launching soon called Beatstar.
Check out the sneak preview here
We are looking for an experienced, music loving, Content Creator / Community Manager who can grow and nurture the Beatstar community whilst the game is being tested in various countries, and then help us shape the game to become THE global cultural phenomenon of 2021.
Beatstar is a collaboration between Space Ape Games in London, and Supercell in San Francisco. The Space Ape team is responsible for development and operations of the game, whilst Supercell is responsible for marketing. You will be a crucial bridge between the two teams with a foot in both the game development and marketing of Beatstar.
You're comfortable when on a live stream, thrive when working with influencers and artists and have an encyclopedic knowledge of current trends in music, memes and popular culture. You have experience implementing interesting social media strategies and have the ability to work independently without a lot of guidance.
We’re after someone whose intuition tells them what’s trending with teens across the globe and can bring fresh creative ideas to keep Beatstar at the cutting edge of youth culture.
As part of the Beatstar team, based in London UK, your focus is to communicate and engage with Beatstar players. You're the face (and voice) of the game team, whilst an advocate for the players, sharing and providing insights to the game team and the broader company.
Your daily tasks will include working with content creators, members of the community and external partners including, the management and marketing teams of some of the biggest names in music today. You'll take ownership of creating daily content. You are involved with design discussions and the development of the game, as well as the formulation of marketing strategies.
- Communicate the team's vision to our players.
- Understand current trends within the community and broader music industry and provide insights to the team.
- Represent our players within the team and the rest of the company.
- Build & manage strong relationships with content creators and marketing teams at our partner labels and artist management companies.
- Help shape the game's development and influence design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams, working closely with both the Space Ape game team in London and Supercell teams in Helsinki and San Francisco.
- Exceptional writing skills (native/near-native in English).
- Being able to "read the room" and act accordingly.
- Comfortable on camera.
- Comfortable interacting with players online and face-to-face.
- Comfortable with managing a large global community.
- Passion for music, the game and the artists we’re collaborating with.
- Proven ability to spot trends and stay on the cutting edge of youth culture.
- Experience addressing difficult situations within the community when required.
- Experience managing social media channels.
- Ability to work independently without guidance.
- Nice to have: Experience with social media management and business intelligence tools.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Examples of your most recent/favourite work across various platforms and or any links to relevant social accounts
This position is in London, but you're not?
It will be important that you are close to the Space Ape development team, so that means working core UK hours for most of the time. If you can do that then the role can be done remotely initially but once we return to a more traditional office environment - hopefully some time in early 2021 - then you would be expected to relocate to be close to the team. However, as 2020 has taught us a lot can happen between now and then so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements.
No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end.
About Space Ape Games
We are a mobile game developer based in London, UK and teamed up with Supercell in 2017. Our games have been played by 100m people and, like Supercell, we believe in hiring the best game makers from around the world, organising into small empowered teams and leaving them to figure out the rest for themselves: what to make and how to make it.
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.