Senior Player Support Service Design - APAC(Contract)
1 month ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Player Support Service Design , find solutions to some of the toughest, most exciting questions to deliver a seamless player experience that enable Riot's Player Support operations to meet or exceed the player expectation on every touchpoint with the player-support product, UX, policies and operations.
Reporting to a Sr. Manager, Player Support (PS) APAC, you will work closely with partners, global product, digital, insights & operation teams, and Player Support leadership to reduce bad customer outcomes and level up our overall service quality for our players.
We aim to deliver an easy-to-use, enjoyable, accurate, and high-quality Player Support experience to every player, on every device, across every service touchpoint—in a way that fulfills or exceeds the players’ expectations to increase player satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy.
To help us achieve this, the ideal candidate will draw on their experience and expertise across multiple operational disciplines, including service design, project management, customer operations, stakeholder management, data, behavior & trend analysis, and creative/innovative thinking.
- Journey map(i.e., experience maps, user flows, sitemaps, information architecture) and analyze and design the player’s player-support journeys.
- Create service blueprints to analyze and design the player's end-to-end service experience across all touchpoints, ensuring seamless delivery of the intended experience outcome.
- Leading a project portfolio on service design & improvement, with insight-led research from initial concept through product across games, touchpoints, platforms & devices.
- Implement changes to enhance the player's experience when interacting with player support services and products.
- Monitor, read, and communicate player/community trends and signals.
- Advocate and integrate the player/community feedback and experience metrics into decisions on processes, products, and service offerings to improve client/service usability, satisfaction, and loyalty.
- Turn Customer Satisfaction (CSat / SaSI) markers into insights and operational improvements.
- Anticipate event- and common issue impact, and move to prevent pain and/or prepare teams, policies, and processes to navigate these.
- Design and implement policies.
- Stress existing test policies, capture inefficiencies, and recommend/implement contact handling improvements.
- Collaborate with PS leadership and cross-functional teams on end-to-end service design across games & markets.
- Inform, consult, develop, and execute player retention strategies.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by research insights.
- 8+ years of working in a high-paced and project-based organization, with first-hand experience of service experience & service design.
- 5+ years of direct operational experience within customer service operations, customer experience design, and/or UX design
- Experience owning/producing CX, UX & service improvement projects through the entire project life cycle
- Familiarity with a variety of management tools, including specific expertise in Google Suite (or MS Office), Miro and/or Jira, Scrum, and Kanban
- Passionate empathy and desire to ensure results and a quality player experience
- Clear written, verbal, and visual communication with evident skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership, requires limited oversight
- Proven track record of leading and influencing teams to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent time management, resource management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Effective at using data to interpret operational performance
- Willingness/capability to travel up to 20%
- Technical curiosity with a record of continued learning in technology, tools, and methodologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels.
- Experience working within a Customer Service Operations environment.
- Experience in successfully supporting in a product support or customer support management role
- Knowledgeable in Zendesk and/or equivalent CRM use, configuration, and limitations.
- Proficiency in any SEA language /Japanese/Korean is a plus!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.