Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager [Brand & Marketing]
5 months ago
Are you ready to have a strong impact on the future of the games development through your data driven insights as well as research on markets and consumers within games? Then keep reading!
At Massive, we're looking for a Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager to support both local and global production teams in making the right decisions to make sure the games are successfully put to market and well received by the end-costumer.
The CMK team is a global cross-organizational department with the aim to provide in-depth insights regarding consumers and the games industry market and as a CMK manager, your main goal would be to support the long-term strategy of the brands and projects within our two Swedish studios through close collaboration with the production and the wider CMK-team globally.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Developing and reinforcing the expertise of the CMK-team in Sweden
- Leading the studies, research and analysis on local studios and relevant competitors to ensure the best strategy for our products
- Identifying best practices related to our core markets and consumers in relation to the design and content of the games in production to align with market patterns and trends
- Utilizing knowledge within gaming and entertainment trends to propose innovative suggestions to improve our position in the market (i.e through tracing and research)
- Collaborating with the wider CMK-organization to develop new and creative solutions for different studios' projects, all whilst keeping timing and cost efficiency in mind
You as a person
As a consumer and market expert within entertainment you're ready to drive the strategy and the local team to reach the goals of our studios and our projects through market research and consumer studies for multi-million EUR projects. Your ability to cooperate within a multicultural team on a global scale enables you to come up with suggestions and scalable ideas that will fit different markets independently and follow them through to implementation. You're fluent in English and effortlessly communicate with your many different stakeholders and partners who are interested in your insights and findings.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 7+ years' experience working with the games/entertainment/media markets ideally with experience directly from the games industry as well as a relevant masters' degree within marketing, social sciences, statistics or similar
- Minimum a couple of years' experience managing a team
- A profound interest in the games industry, and most likely you're an avid gamer yourself
- Experience working from the client side of market and consumer analytics
- Experience with projects focused on quantitative, qualitative consumer and market research and data science to support development decisions
- Proven implementation and dissemination of findings to development teams
- A focus on consulting and planning of strategic initiatives to ensure alignment on a global and local scale
- Solid knowledge of advanced statistical methodology - as well as being big data-savvy and aware of various data analysis methods to test hypotheses
- Knowledge of SPSS or similar
- Extensive knowledge of transferring market insights into actionable points
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.