This job might no longer be available.
Concepteur.trice d’éclairage sénior.e (poste temporaire) – BioWare / Senior Lighting Artist (Temporary) - BioWare
19 days ago
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français, "Select Language" dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page.
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry won 150+ Game of the Year awards.
The Senior Lighting Artist will report to the Lighting Supervisor
This is a 6-month temporary role
- Create high-quality lighting, atmospherics, skies and colour grades using the Frostbite engine and other tools, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software
- Knowledge share between different teams throughout EA’s studios
- Partner with art, tech art, and engineering teams to develop next-gen lighting solutions into a production pipeline
- Work with the design department to ensure that the lighting work supports gameplay goals
- Work with creative leadership to support the art direction through the development of lighting direction
- Create and maintain documentation for lighting guidelines and workflows
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with rendering and lighting performance, tools, and pipelines.
- 8+ years overall lighting experience with at least 5 years experience in software game development
- Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques
- Experience using rendering and compositing/grading software (i.e. Nuke, Resolve)
- Experience with offline sky generation software (i.e. Terragen, VUE)
- Experience with both character and environment lighting
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping
- All applications must include a link to a portfolio showing personal and/or professional work
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.