This job might no longer be available.
Concept Artist - xDefiant
1 month ago
The concept artist will support the vison of the Art Leads and Art Directors by managing and creating graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the art teams as well as the production team at large.
You will be responsible for creatively challenging early ideas through iteration and polish to give 3D Artists a blueprint and roadmap for success with minimal feedback.
This role requires a well-developed understanding of anatomy, shape language, and other art fundamentals as they relate to the variations of asset production for the game
What you will do:
- Sketch, draw and design concepts for game assets and character variations to make the vision of art direction more tangible
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres, and general style to provide visual content that teams can capitalize on
- Conceptualize via quick sketches and digital illustrations to help show the preliminary project and asset intentions
- State ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project using variaty of visual techniques
- Make any necessary iterations and develop final ideas within the approval process while keeping with the artistic vision
- Propose concepts to the artistic team, discuss possibilities and effectively communicate visual intentions
- Adapt your artwork based on feedback.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints within the aesthetic style of the game
What you will bring:
- Experience in concept art in the video game industry or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of digital painting and 3D software with good observation and research skills
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, architecture, anatomy, etc.
- Open-mindedness and flexibility with the ability to provide and accept feedback and adapt to change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (you can share your ideas and explain your creative process)
- A collaborative spirit
- A whole lot of creativity and curiosity
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing solutions in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not sponsor VISA or relocations.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house game company in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.