Berlin, Berlin, Germany
14 days ago
Wargaming is looking to bring on a 2D Concept Artist to work on our brand-new mobile product.
We're working on our new multiplayer mobile shooter with a third-person view on Unreal and using its AbilitySystem. Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
The role reports to the Project Manager
What will you do?
- Create 2D artwork to support the live game (UI elements, FX Storyboards and various other assets found in the existing game)
- Help design new characters, environments and story elements for use in future expansions Implement artwork into the game client using Unreal
What are we looking for?
- Strong understanding of Hearthstone's visual style and the ability to develop assets that add to its charm
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state
- In-depth knowledge of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design and how they relate to game development specifically Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details and the ability to use them in creating new artwork for Hearthstone events
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a team with an eye to improving the player experience
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery
- Previous game production experience Interests in other areas of art for games (animation, FX, UI, etc.)
What we offer at Wargaming Berlin
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Flexible working hours & work from home whenever needed
- Public transportation, Lunch and Sport & Culture benefits
- Free Gym membership
- Travel and accident insurance (covers you at all times)
- Mobile phone and Home internet
- Soft drinks, coffee, snacks, random treats and office events/parties
- Relocation support when needed
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!