19 days ago
Job Title: CONCEPT ARTIST.
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
As a Concept Artist at Ubisoft Mumbai, you will be part of a team that works under the guidance of an Art Director or other stakeholders to create all kinds of exciting designs for our unique games.
At the very start of the production pipeline for AAA game assets, your creativity and design sense are as important as the awareness of requirements in modern game development.
In the end your designs will be translated into high quality game assets and will populate the games that are enjoyed by millions of players around the world on a regular basis.
- Creation of memorable and unique designs in line with provided creative direction on the base of written or verbal briefs.
- Creation of concept art for 3D game asset production.
- Collaboration with 3D & VFX Artists or Animators to understand process requirements.
- Working iteratively from fast sketches and thumbnails to polished concepts.
- Independently manage your efforts to fit into project time plans.
- Autonomously conduct necessary research and preparation for all tasks.
- Communicate proactively inside the team to facilitate optimal workflow.
The professional value you bring:
- 3-5 years of experience working as Concept Artist for games.
- Video-gaming culture and interest in game development.
- Strong artistic fundamentals (Composition, color theory, perspective).
- Experience in standard concept art techniques (Digital drawing & painting, photo manipulation, integration of 3D)
- Strong ability to create lighting and mood in concepts.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Ability to iterate on constructive feedback in a timely fashion.
- Good eye for details, materials and scale.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experience in the use of 3D packages for concept art (i.e. Blender, ZBrush, 3DCoat, etc.)
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
Nice to have:
- Ability to work proactively and in a self-motivated fashion without direct supervision.
- Relevant experience with game engines (i.e. Unreal, Unity)
The personal value you bring:
- Passion for design and problem solving.
- Ability to complete tasks on time while maintaining a high-quality results.
- Enthusiasm for learning and the application of new techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude, working well within a team.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studios!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.