ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR).
We are currently in pre-production of a new and highly innovative AAA project with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a Concept Artist to supplement our in-house concept team on an incredibly exciting new project. You will be joining a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event. This role is for creative collaborators who enjoy ownership (along with the responsibility that goes with it) and want to make a lasting contribution to VR. This is a fulltime, 6 months fixed-term contract position.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
ABOUT YOU: You enjoy working with a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets. You are an effective communicator, well-balanced and inspiring to work with. You are an expert in the craft of visual design and communication. You are familiar with all the latest tools and techniques and enjoy the creative problem-solving process. You are a finisher and know how to ship games. You live to raise the quality bar and passionately care about the final game experience and how you can contribute to it.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the Art Director and in-house Concept Artist, you will be involved in creating a fantastic far-future, sci-fi universe. This position is focused heavily on environments, sets, weapons and props but may also include characters.
- 3+ years of game dev experience (AAA and VR experience a plus).
- A Portfolio that clearly demonstrates experience designing and concepting hard surface weapons, props, and environments for games and films.
- The ability to visually explore and quickly generate ideas from prepared briefs using thumbnails, sketches, and other fast iteration methods.
- The ability to utilize strong digital illustration, rendering and design skills to complete color concept art to inform, guide and inspire the World Art Team.
- Experience collaborating with other departments in a fast paced-environment, including game design, UI and UX and modeling, to create unique and extraordinary designs through an iterative, user-based process.
- The ability to take and give critiques and creative feedback to problem solve issues and deliver necessary changes based on design, art, and animation feedback to ensure that the final concepts are workable in production.
- The ability to visually communicate design features, stylistic language and game mechanics to other artists, designers and production team members using storyboards, step-throughs and other pre-viz techniques.
- Experience with providing and organizing in-depth research on reference images, materials, and lighting .
- Expert understanding of form, value, perspective, proportions, and color.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with a high level of emotional intelligence.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- 4% vacation pay.
- Paid sick days.
- High possibility of extension; possible full-time employment.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.