Compliance Operations Manager
9 days ago
A bit about us:
Non-fungible tokens ("NFTs") have grown in popularity rapidly over the past few months. These unique assets allow people to own anything from in-game items to digital art, music, and financial instruments.
However, transactions take minutes or hours to confirm, and Ethereum can process fewer than 5 NFTs per second for the whole world combined. To solve this problem for ourselves and for others, we have built Immutable X, a next-generation protocol for trading blockchain assets with instant trade confirmation, massive scalability, and no gas fees, without compromising user custody. The interest in a scalable and secure protocol has resulted in huge amounts of global interest from key players in the crypto industry, as well as across gaming, collectables and more.
A bit about the role:
We are looking for a Compliance Operations Manager to take ownership of building a successful compliance system as we rapidly scale Immutable. In order to ensure we are enabling developers to create a successful NFT business while keeping consumers safe, we need to ensure our solution is legally compliant in the new world of crypto.
As Compliance Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to examine the interaction between the burgeoning blockchain industry and existing regulations and build a holistic system and process to ensure compliance. This role at Immutable provides access to extremely interesting work, critically important problems to solve, an opportunity to work directly with the key business decision-makers, and the space to build a compliance system and team from scratch.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and implement Immutable’s KYC/AML process to ensure compliance
- Input into product design to ensure regulatory complianceDraft and revise company compliance policies, procedures, and risk assessments
- Create and manage a communication process with regulatory authorities
- Create a process to ensure we are proactively addressing any legal or regulatory risks Manage and report any compliance issues or concerns
- Review and manage compliance element of Immutable’s B2B customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with external business partners
- Oversee independent audits, exams, or reviews required by regulation or by partner agreements and spearhead timely remediation efforts
- Develop and maintain internal compliance testing function
- 4+ years of experience building or operating a compliance program
- An understanding of financial services regulations both locally and internationally (US)
- Experience creating and implementing AML/KYC policy before
- The ability to take ownership of projects while operating in a collaborative environment
- A strong desire to learn from and grow with other team members
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience leading a compliance team
- In-house legal experience
- Experience working in fintech or a high-growth tech company
Some of the things we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Flexible working life and $750 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our new, shiny, Sydney office the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $750 contribution
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Immutable family! New parents will receive 12 weeks (primary) and 2 weeks (secondary) paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that includes unlimited counselling for you and your family
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Internet and Phone Allowance: $900 annually to put towards your mobile and internet expenses
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. You’ll get access to thousands of online learning courses via Go1, Udemy and Naspers. Immutable will also contribute between $1500-$2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $1200 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community for everyone. We’ve joined the Project F initiative aimed at removing the systemic barriers to achieving gender-balanced technology teams
- Personal perks: Perkbox benefits including premium access to Aura, Calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Ideal office location: On-top of the Apple store on King Street, Sydney, CBD
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone’s perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver in our success so far.
For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements of a job listing, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! It’s highly likely you’ll bring something to the workplace that we haven’t thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.