Community Marketing Specialist - Japan (Contract)
17 days ago
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is looking for a Japan Community Marketing Manager to support the marketing programmes that aim to engage and grow the Twitch streamer community, across Twitch, social media and in person events. You will be joining our APAC Marketing Team and reporting to the Japan Marketing Lead; working with other local teams across the region, as well as teams in North America, EMEA & LATAM to identify collaboration opportunities and develop world-class marketing campaigns. You will also be working with the local social media agency to develop content for our social media pages.
- Help develop marketing campaigns that grow and engage the Twitch community across various channels; including campaign ideation, copywriting, writing creative briefs, and social media planning.
- Build relationships with streamers in the Twitch community, working with them to develop product adoption programmes and implement marketing campaigns
- Be the primary point of contract that communicates with the streamer community in Japan for the APAC marketing team; stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the Japanese Twitch community, and incorporate them into our marketing campaigns
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Twitch platform and any new features being launched so that you can encourage twitch streamers to adopt them
- Execute any Twitch presences at big gaming events, as well as small manage smaller streamer gatherings
- Collaborate with the Japan Partnerships team to give marketing support to any of their streamer initiatives
- 3+ years experience working in digital/social media marketing or community management, preferably in the tech, entertainment or gaming industry in Japan
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
- Good communication skills and feel comfortable reaching out to streamers about upcoming campaigns
- Deep understanding of Twitch and its community, including knowledge of the platform’s features and unique culture
- A collaborative spirit, because you love teamwork and appreciate its importance
- An active Twitch presence. We're partial to folks who genuinely love our product
- A deep knowledge of game culture, memes, and you stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends.
Location(s): Tokyo, Japan
Contract Length: 12 months (per length of service policy)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.