19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Firewalk Studios is dedicated to creating unforgettable multiplayer experiences that capture the joy of playing together. We believe in the power of multiplayer and want to delight players with worlds that spark imagination and forge connection through immersive gameplay, artistry, and heartfelt characters. We are currently working on an original multiplayer game as part of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Creating worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team. Firewalk is building a world-class, next-generation game studio with a focus on a more sustainable approach to game development. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Communications Manager who will help bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players with our forthcoming PVP multiplayer FPS, Concord. As a Communications Manager within Firewalk’s embedded marketing and communications team, you will be an integral contributor to how we reach, share information, and engage with the public, players, creators, and media around the globe. You will work cross-functionally with Firewalk’s Global Social Media Lead, Commnity Development Lead, development team, agency partners, and PlayStation publishing teams to support and deliver against a wide range of communications initiatives, inclusive of social media campaigns, community engagement, editorial and owned channel communications, media and creator messaging, and more.
WHO YOU ARE
- A communications professional with experience working in social media, PR, community management, or other relevant fields
- An effective, proactive collaborator, capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently with a high attention to detail and timely communication
- Invested in creating and fostering healthy and strong relationships with players and colleagues
- A confident writer that can produce time-sensitive copy and other deliverables in a high-paced environment and on short deadlines, as needed
- Possess a deep understanding of social media and other communications platforms and how best to use them to share impactful messaging and grow and engage with millions of fans
- Flexible and able to prioritize your day between long range planning, day-to-day tasks, and emergent needs
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to identify, define, and manage projects from inception through execution
- Adept at collaborating successfully with internal and external partners, development talent, and other various stakeholders
- Passionate about games, particularly multiplayer first-person shooters and their communities
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Partner with studio, communications team colleagues, PlayStation, and agency teams to plan, develop, and execute best-in-class communications campaigns
- Help organize and maintain communications plans and editorial calendars
- Draft communications materials for social media, community messaging, fact sheets, press releases, blog posts, patch notes, and more
- Identify and develop briefs for necessary or desired accompanying assets, such as promotional graphics, game imagery, etc.
- Collaborate with the Community Development Lead and Global Social Media Lead to support and deliver against various projects and initiatives
- Work closely with the Player Support team to identify and develop player-facing messaging for maintenance, downtime, and other known or emergent issues
- Assess communication pipelines to help identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvement
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on public conversation, inclusive of social media and community sentiment, media coverage, and creator content about Firewalk and Concord
- 3+ years of experience working in a social media management, PR, or community management function
- Proficient copywriter with a high attention to detail and exceptional grammar
- Ability to collaborate effectively and maintain strong relationships with internal development, publishing partners, and external agencies
- Prior experience supporting products or IP with passionate, highly engaged fandoms
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in the following tools and platforms: Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint/Word/Excel, etc.), Discord, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter(X)
As part of the interview process for this position, please be prepared to share 5-10 writing samples of relevant, representative published work within the last 2 years. These samples must be solely authored by the candidate.
Example work can be blog posts, social media posts, patch notes, press releases, or marketing copy.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$95,000 — $142,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.