Commercial Manager - Digital
9 days ago
Commercial Manager – Digital
Hybrid – 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
Based at SEGA HQ in Brentford, London.
W hy Us:
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time.
SEGA of America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London. The Commercial Manager (Digital) is a newly created role within our SEGA of America Digital Sales Team and will join an expanding commercial team to support the continued growth and development of SEGA of America titles to maximise the lifecycle of each launch across an ever-changing video games market. The Commercial Manager (Digital) will be responsible for PC and console formats and will work closely with the SEGA of Europe digital team to maximise opportunity and efficiencies. Financial goals and targets will be set by the American Business team which will be integrated into SEGA West’s wider objectives and planning.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will be a dynamic commercial manager with direct experience in the games industry supporting the launch and development of digital products, ideally within PC or Console format. You will have a passion for games and will thrive working cross-functionally with a variety of digital studios and external partners.
- Deliver SEGA’s Business Plan by maximising new releases and catalogue opportunities.
- Align with Global brand objectives for each title to ensure there are no conflicts.
- Invest in the partnership between SEGA and 1st parties (Steam, Epic, Sony, Nintendo, MS, etc.) to build strong commercial relationships.
- Involvement in SOA planning process to ensure the suitability of commercial offer and pricing; ensure EMEA activity planning is integrated into a wider full digital plan.
- Develop strong relationships with internal Brand and Pillar teams to ensure collaborative strategies and awareness across the business. Communicate local market updates and opportunities.
- Ensure information on SEGA titles and plans is accurate, up to date, and circulated to stakeholders.
- Work with 3rd parties to deliver incremental value.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable track record of launching digital games on PC and Console internationally.
- Sales or business development background within the games industry.
- Ability to analyse data with BI teams and draw conclusions to drive commercial decision-making.
- Experience working with internal and external partners.
- Proven track record of successful product planning for launches and ongoing product lifecycles.
- Experienced in forecasting and discussing numbers with Senior stakeholders.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and embrace the full spectrum of humanity, believing in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from; Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us –regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and well-being staff-led values groups which include: DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.