Cloud Systems Engineer
9 days ago
Team Name:IT - Infrastructure Engineering
Job Title:Cloud Systems Engineer
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon hybrid cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by hybrid has realized us many successes. As we continue to chart this course, we need an awesome Cloud Systems Engineer to help us deliver on our goals. That’s where you come in.
This role will be focused on driving engineering excellence into the design and deployment of our public clouds governance framework covering AWS, GCP and Alibaba. This involves working closely with engineering peers across Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks and Security as well as understanding and delivering on customer requirements across multiple public clouds and our private cloud. You will be passionate about cloud technologies and speak with authority on best practices and engineering discipline learned through trial and error, not just books and docs. This role will provide exposure to all elements of our hybrid cloud offering. If this sounds awesome to you, then let’s talk.
- Collaborate on Design, automate, and execute repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
- Document operational processes and procedures
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- Strong Linux experience. Know why things work on a Linux system -- not just how to configure them
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Hands-on experience deploying public cloud native applications
- Good understanding of how public cloud networking concepts
- Ability to read software in Python or another administrative language
- Hands on experience managing infrastructure and workloads in GCP
- A passion for Open Source and experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Able to debug and build infrastructure tools written in Go
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.