Cloud Information Security Engineer
24 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Information Security Engineer (Cloud)
- Job Summary: Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Institutes technical controls to effectively reduce the risk of cloud-based security vulnerabilities, including drift-resiliency, private cloud network gaps, and web-facing threats.
- Administers Information Security policies to control access to systems.
- Performs cloud security audits and testing and evaluates system security configurations to ensure efficacy and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Oversees penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks.
- Alongside the Information Security team, responsible for responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Researches and evaluates Information Security threats and performs root cause analysis.
- Provides information to management regarding impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
- Utilize agile methodology by making iterative progress toward achieving individual, team, and organizational objectives.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise securing cloud environments, primarily AWS.
- Strong background in cloud security technical engineering and architecture, such as infrastructure/cloud engineering or software development.
- Proven ability to build partnerships and collaboration between stakeholder teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to outline security risks to senior leadership.
- Experience managing security vendors and managed services providers.
- Strong experience in Incident Management, SOC management, and Incident Response planning.
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA, etc.) a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $125,000.00 - $148,200.00. The full range is $125,000.00 - $187,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.