Client Software Engineer - Mobile
18 days ago
The EA Sports Mobile team is founded on passion, innovation and creativity with a mission to deliver immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Vancouver, Orlando, and Bucharest, EA Sports Mobile is powered by global talent and seeking passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
- You will use your client programming skills, building new features, enhancing existing ones and troubleshooting issues in the live game.
- You will collaborate with producers, designers and other engineers to design, implement and deliver dynamic live services.
- You will participate in the planning process and contribute to technical design, estimates and scheduling.
- You will investigate and resolve issues during QA testing, pre production, production and from the live environment.
- You will work with the other studio game teams on software integrations, and the build and operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates.
- You will work with server and client engineers to implement and test end-to-end functionality
- You will collaborate and contribute within a team of designers, artists and engineers both locally and remotely
- You will design, maintain , implement, test and debug code
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Hands-on coding experience; requirements gathering and designing new applications and features
- Experience working with 3rd party software APIs
- Experience creating tools, features and engine components
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
- Experience with Client/Server and multithreaded architectures
- Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Knowledge of hardware setup, package deployment and patching procedures
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices and methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean , etc )
- Interest in solving problems across different engineering domains
- Experience with source code management such as Git or Perforce