PC Client Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
17 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
SkyBox Labs is looking for experienced Software Engineers to help grow and maintain the full Halo Infinite experience on PC. As part of our growing team, you’ll collaborate and contribute to solving interesting and complex challenges related to the development of AAA games on PC. Generalist game software engineers with a background in systems would excel on this team!
A snapshot of your role:
- Write technical design proposals and highly performant code for the implementation of new features to support PC client
- Work within a distributed development environment to build a first class PC game experience
- Develop and debug on a variety of PC configurations
- Guide, mentor and contribute to the feedback process to improve the development team and our relationship with our partners
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of professional software development with strong modern C++ experience
- Experience working in game development OR shipping applications on PC
- Experience with multiple systems, such as memory allocation, input, asset management and/or online
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Experience shipping a AAA title on PC
- Experience shipping games released through online distribution services
- Experience monitoring performance memory budgets and acting through others to resolve issues
- Experience with handling crashes in retail environments
- Experience with Visual Studio build environment
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.