Burnaby British Columbia Canada
22 days ago
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are also open to remote work options.
As a Cinematic Artist, you will work alongside a team of creative artists and directors to help capture gameplay content (video and static) for marketing, social, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
This candidate will have a technical aptitude in regard to technology used in game development (internal tools, debug command interfaces, and game engines) and critical problem-solving skills. The candidate will also possess strong art fundamentals and use of camera language to invoke creative storytelling. You will be expected to operate with varying degrees of autonomy, from working in a team to tackling a project all on your own. Interpretation and visualization of a sequence from a shot list is also helpful. This is a 1 year contract full time work with possible extension.
• Experience with video/film content creation
o Strong sense of composition, cinematography, color, and lighting.
o Passion for games and creating video content.
• Strong program skills / Ability to learn
o Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
o Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
o Ability to learn video game debug systems.
o Quick to adapt to company proprietary software.
• Build in-game interior and exterior sets.
• Capture in-game videos for trailers, social media assets and other uses as requested.
• Capture screenshots.
• Creating GIFs from captured footage.
• Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity with game authoring software (Unreal) but not necessary.
• Excellent written & verbal Communication Skills
o Great attention to detail.
o Welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
o Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently.
• Flexibility and self-driven.
o Ability to work to designated deadlines & communicates progress when necessary.
o A motivated self-starter with a desire to contribute & improve.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors