18 days ago
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are looking for a Cinematic Director to join our team of artists, designers, programmers and other creatives to create compelling in-game cinematics which will tell the story of our game. As a Cinematic Director you will collaborate with our Narrative Team, Art Team, Design Team and Engineers to bring innovative cinematics to life at AAA quality using the Unreal Engine. You’ll use a combination of Storytelling and Cinematography to capture game play and dialogue while helping create and direct the delivery of all narrative moments in the game. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
· Work with Creative Director, Animation Director and Design Team to invent, create and implement Cinematics that are incredibly satisfying to watch.
· You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture animation assets to bring human and creature characters to life.
· Work with the Creative Director and Narrative Designer to express storytelling through in-game cinematics with camera, staging and facial animations.
· Set the Cinematic quality bar with your personal work.
· Work with our engineers and our technical artist to define and improve our Cinematic pipeline.
· Help direct animations created by internal artists and external co-developers for cinematics.
· 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field.
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Online Portfolio demonstrating Cinematic skills and/or technical implementation skills in Unreal.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
2+ AAA game cinematics shipped.
Exceptional cinematography skills.
Exceptional story telling skills.
Experience directing motion capture shoots.
Has experience driving and coordinate cinematic moment in games.
Great understanding of narrative in stories for cinematics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.