Cinematic Designer (Temporary) - BioWare
15 days ago
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry won 150+ Game of the Year awards.
The Cinematic Designer will report to the Animation Director
This is a 6-month temporary role
- Script engaging, interactive in-game conversations and cinematic moments.
- Work within an existing animation library to create compelling action and emotionally motivated moments between characters.
- To maintain a design language, you will uphold established cinematic standards across the game and broader IP.
- Manage the scope and budget of assigned tasks to meet project deadlines without jeopardizing the player’s experience.
- Participate in reviews, stand-ups, playtests, and work across departments.
- 3+ years of professional game design experience or equivalent industry experience as a layout/previsualization artist.
- One or more shipped titles in a Cinematic, Animation, or Narrative Design capacity.
- Familiarity with one or more game engine cinematic tools.
- Working knowledge of 3D Animation software such as Maya or MotionBuilder
- Experience with cinematic language, frame composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
- Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A reel of cinematic work from past projects. Shipped game titles.
- Examples of cinematics built with a game engine or comparable tool.