Chief of Staff
11 days ago
Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment for Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
We have a number of the top games on Alexa and Google, including “Song Quiz”, “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”, and “Yes Sire”, with millions of monthly active users.
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
We are a Series A startup funded by some of Silicon Valley's best investors.
We're looking for a Chief of Staff to work with our CEO, Max Child. You'll be working with Max on leading new strategic initiatives, managing operations, and working across the company on various internal processes.
The role of a Chief of Staff is amorphous and constantly changing: on any particular day, you may be researching a new music app in Indonesia, working on a contract with our lawyers, or doing references for a new hire. It is the ideal role for a person who loves to learn, can pick up the basics of a wide array of work quickly, and thrives in the chaos of early-stage startup life.
A service mindset is critical to being a great Chief of Staff. This a leadership role with broad duties, but the most significant impact comes from working directly with Max to share responsibility over the wide array of tasks that land on the CEO's desk. The right person for this role is excited and passionate about doing things from the mundane to the existentially important.
Who You Are
- Strategic thinker with strong fundamental mental models
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tasks
- Strong understanding and/or passion for the startup and tech scene
- Low-ego, team-oriented contributor
What You Will Do
- Initiate and lead special new projects
- Board meeting preparation
- Manage recruiting pipeline alongside company executives
- Interface and work with all operations departments (finance, legal, etc.)
- Be a partner and right-hand person to Max
Nice Skills to Have (but optional)
- Writing and editing (emails, memos, blog posts, presentations)
- Passing familiarity with legal documents
- Finance / financial modeling
- Fundraising experience
- Business development
- Recruiting process design
Work well (and sometimes hard), play hard.
We take pride in our work and strive to build great products for our millions of users, but we also recognizing the importance of work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. You may have to take care of things on weekends or late at night, but not often. We have amazing Happy Hours, game nights, and educational "universities" where teammates teach each other new skills.
We also have a great benefits package with comprehensive health coverage.
We are currently working remotely on Zoom, but will be returning to our brand-new office Hayes Valley, San Francisco over the next few months. This is an in-person role.
If this sounds like an exciting next role for you, please get in touch!