Character Modeling Artist
Toronto Ontario Canada
11 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent is looking for experienced as well as able and passionate Modeling Artists on contract in Toronto, ON. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities would include :
- Creating 3d assets, primarily character modeling for production
- Completing models, including environments, props, costumes to production quality level within established workflows and timelines
- Communicating issues and concerns related to modeling with Modeling Lead, Supervisor, as well as related asset departments (Art, Rigging, Surfacing, Layout)
- Troubleshooting production problems to the aesthetic and technical criteria of the Art Director, CG Supervisor and related asset department Supervisors as efficiently as possible
- Assisting others should the need arise. Being aware of concerns of your fellow team members and helping with problem solving or production should you be in a position to do so, and communicate any such issues to your Leads and Supervisor
- Keeping up to date with knowledge and skills required to advance personal career development, and staying on top of modern industry standards and conventions to help production move forward smoothly
- Acquiring and furthering understanding of skills outside your immediate department (such as surface and rigging) to help facilitate hand offs and working directly with those your work will affect
- Adapting to a dynamic environment, furthering your knowledge of skills such as lighting, compositing, VFX, simulation, hair and fur, etc. are items in your toolkit that can be very useful
- Proven experience working on complex characters and environments using industry standard software such as Maya or 3ds Max. Our in-house package is Blender, so an in-depth knowledge of that is extremely beneficial
- 3+ Years CG Modeling experience
- Experience in sculpting using packages such as zBrush or Mudbox
- Experience using Photoshop
- Please include links to your portfolio and resume
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.