This job might no longer be available.
Character Modeling Artist, Cinematics - Temp
Irvine, CA, United States
4 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded 3D Character Modeling Artist to work within our award-winning Cinematics Department. This artist must be knowledgeable of Blizzard’s varying artistic styles. They are continuously seeking to improve their skills and abilities with regards to 3D asset creation. The ideal candidate will work well within a small team environment and is eager to collaborate with other artists and departments to get the job done to the highest quality visuals possible. They’re excited by the challenge of pushing the quality of Blizzard Cinematic’s iconic characters to new heights.
Requirements & Skillset:
- Ability to model and sculpt characters of any style - from realistic humans/creatures and robots to stylized characters, with or without concept art
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, form, proportions and silhouette
- Can interpret artistic direction with ease, with or without concept art
- Efficient at UV mapping, displacement map extraction and a master of Topology
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills and a team-player
- Able to filter and evaluate criticism on a professional level
- Maintain the production schedule and/or communicate any deadline concerns
- Work seamlessly with up and downstream departments to deliver assets fitting their requirements
- Understand current animation/VFX pipelines with a focus on Modeling, Previs, Surfacing and Rigging
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while juggling multiple tasks and requests at once
- 3+ years of feature film/VFX/Cinematic production experience as a Character modeling artist
- Comfortable creating Blendshapes, Shotsculpting and Kitbashing
- Concept Modeling abilities
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Knowledge of XGen, Marvelous Designer, Wrap3D, Photoshop, Roadkill or Rizom
- Experience rendering with Renderman/Redshift or equivalent
Software Requirements: Maya, Zbrush/Mudbox
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.