Character Art Director
23 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class Character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Character Art Director to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role you will work directly with the concept, product, and art teams to help create and iterate on exciting, purposeful characters that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, leadership experience, and a proven track record of creating compelling characters.
In this role, you will
- Work with the Concept Team, Art Directors, and Discipline leads to create compelling characters
- Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters
- Interpret the needs of all development disciplines such as design and engineering into amazing final artwork
- Mentor Lead and Senior Artists
- Collaborate with the Product and IP teams on themes and cosmetic sets
- Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule
- Deliver effective feedback across all art disciplines - modeling, animation, etc
- Partner with departments such as the Modeling and TechAnim teams, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow
What we're looking for
- Experience as an art director in a game studio
- A deep understanding of the game development process and art disciplines
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals, multiple art styles, anatomy, appeal
- Experience designing characters of a wide variety and broad appeal.
- Understanding of modern fashion-forward aesthetics
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience directing and supporting artists across multiple disciplines
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with senior art directors and discipline leads
- Strong leadership skills in order to lead a large number of people toward a singular vision
- Experience with effective feedback for outsourcing and contractors
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.