This job might no longer be available.
Casual Game UI Artist
11 days ago
As a UI Technical Artist at Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re experienced in executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and scripting experience with a flair for animation is highly valued.
In this role, you will:
- Build and implement UI - work closely with UX, designers, and engineers to set up animations and screens ;
- Create UI layouts and high fidelity graphics with Lead Artist;
- Work closely with engineers to integrate assets within tech specifications for multiple platforms;
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction;
- Address and integrate feedback from various departments to achieve bug-free and polished user experience;
- Assist the Art Director in any necessary duties.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools;
- At least one shipped game title;
- A Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience;
- A passion for problem-solving as well as strong organizational and analytical skills;
- An obsession for getting designs to pixel perfect;
- The ability to accept direction, work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Expert knowledge of 2D art tools like Photoshop, Illustrator;
- A sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you.
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Adobe Animate and After Effects experience and proficiency
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.