This job might no longer be available.
Capture (Video) Artist - Marketing Team
Québec City Québec ca
8 months ago
Reporting to the Marketing Product Director, the capture artist will work in close collaboration with our product manager to deliver video sequences that meet professional production standards (framing, angles, speed of execution, environment, etc.). The artist’s cinematic eye will help develop trailers, walkthroughs, video and B-roll.
The capture artist will also follow up on the game versions on a daily basis, working directly with several game production team members.
- Capture and edit game scenes in a video formats: B-Roll, gameplay, videos
- Optimize the capture processes;
- Establish and communicate the formats of each capture session based on needs;
- Oversee the preselection of video excerpts;
- As an experienced player, he/she must be able to identify the predetermined location of the planned action;
- Able to develop games (content, animations, etc.) under the hood;
- Compress the preselected excerpts in order to prepare them for viewing;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Technical training in audio-visual production and post-production.
- Experienced player;
- Experience in video and/or photo shoots an asset;
- Experience as a demoist in conventions or walkthrough captures.
- Excellent artistic sense;
- Knowledge of film techniques and principles;
- Versatility and rigour;
- Ability to generate data;
- Good technical skills.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop);
- Extensive knowledge of capture systems and other specialized equipment an asset;
- Knowledge of the Xbox One X, PS4 / PS4 Pro, and Switch consoles an asset;
- Knowledge of game engines (internal development); and tools related to staging (features, cheats)
- Bilingualism (French-English).
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.