C++ Systems Software Engineer - Sports Central Platform Team
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
11 days ago
The new EA SPORTS Central Platform Team partners with leading EA SPORTS franchises, including FIFA, Madden, NHL and more, to help with the use of strategic technology development projects; including platform exploration, adoption and expansion. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and improvemultiple SPORTS development teams to support evolving tech development goals designed to reach more players in new places.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other engineers, and building systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and to bring substantial improvements to our game.
What You Will Do:
- Work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
Who You Are:
- Passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management,
- and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 3 years of experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation & benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join a winning team?