C++ Software Engineer - Gameplay Services
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
10 days ago
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our platform powers online features for EA’s game titles serving millions of users each day. We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player’s multiplayer experience memorable. We develop services and SDKs in collaboration with EA’s game studios for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking. We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share.
EA’s Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Server Engineer in EASK, Burnaby. You will build scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on new improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance.
- Design brand new services covering all aspects from storage to application logic to management console
- Enhance and add features to existing systems
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Communicate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
- Endeavour to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
- Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments and our game team customers
- Advocate for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA’s business
- 3+ years hands-on C++ experience
- Experience with C# and .Net framework
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
- Enjoys solving problems
- Enjoy conveying thoughts to a diverse audience
- Experience with Jenkins or Gitlab CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with development on-prem software and automation frameworks
- Experience with relational or NoSQL database
- Experience using AWS services
- Experience with Docker and Redis
- Experience with stress testing plus performance tuning and optimization
- Experience working within the games industries
- Knowledge of Google gRPC and protobuf
- Experience with Scripting languages
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!