C++ Programmer (Engine Team)
14 days ago
Ubisoft Québec strives to offer gamers an impressive visual experience, as well as an incomparable level of immersion. The fluidity and vitality of our worlds make this experience even richer for our audience.
At Ubi, developing, optimizing, and maintaining our game engines is an important task to stay at the forefront of technology. As an Engine Programmer, you'll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the engine of one of our AAA games like For Honor, Rainbow Six, or Assassin's Creed, as well as developing future technologies.
What you'll do
- Maintain and optimize the game engine to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
- Compile and understand the project purpose, identify development needs, and assess technical feasibility.
- Work with many teams to optimize interaction between various game engine systems.
- Master low-level systems such as loading/streaming, memory management, and platform-specific systems.
- Share your knowledge with various studio teams and be a go-to person for programmers.
- Assess and debug simple and complex performance problems + propose well-adapted optimizations.
What you bring
- General understanding of modern game engine architecture
- Knowledge of different hardware architectures (ex. Intel, AMD, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
- Experience in C++ programming and knowledge of assembly language
- Solid knowledge of multi-threaded programming and synchronization mechanisms
- The capacity to evaluate and synthesize existing systems
- The ability to solve complex problems in an optimal way
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Skills in debugging complex problems and optimizing memory and performance
- Attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit + good communication skills
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your background, skills, and any games shipped
Working at Ubisoft means
- Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.