C++ Game Streaming Programmer [Ubisoft Connect] (former Uplay PC) (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
9 days ago
As part of the production team, you will be involved in the development of features and components related to our streaming initiatives, focusing on rendering and performance as well as availability, latency and scalability.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers and testers where everyone is willing to share their knowledge and are encouraged to evolve every day. The team spans across several countries and is characterized by passion, collaboration and the love for PC gaming.
You will also have the option to visit and work from collaborating studios.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a wide spectrum of technologies, ranging from frontend to backend applications and tools, component styling to data distribution, network architecture or rendering.
- Be part of an agile team collaboratively working on technical designs, new features as well as steady improvements of existing code.
- Lead technology task forces and initiatives.
- Contribute to high level software application and architecture design decisions.
- Write clear, modular and maintainable cross-platform code.
- Debugging, profiling, maintaining and improving the existing code base.
You as a person:
You are seeking the opportunity to contribute your own passions to one of the biggest gaming platforms while expanding your experience and knowledge in one of the hottest topics as of today: game streaming.
- 5+ years professional programming experience
- Highly confident in C++
Confident in at least two of the following fields:
- Network programming: TCP/UDP, sockets, WebRTC
- Rendering Technology: Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan
- Low level ; CPU / GPU optimization
- Virtualization / Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, etc.
What we want to offer you:
Our recipe for international success is a blend of diversity and a pioneering spirit
Boldly challenging the status quo, our teams bring tons of experience to AAA games across various platforms and love to develop cutting-edge technologies. Looking to innovate game development in a diverse, fun and collaborative studio with over 30 years of history? Join us.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and duesseldorf.ubisoft.com
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative products we are looking for an experienced
C++ Game Streaming Programmer [Uplay PC] (F/M)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).