Business Systems Analyst III - Information Technology, IT Work Systems
10 days ago
As a Business Systems Analyst III you will report to a Manager, Product Management. Business Systems Analysts at Riot are masters at customer outreach, dissecting business processes, and authoring in-depth technical documentation. You will directly support the IT leadership team in understanding the health of the business, and investigating and advising on problem and opportunity spaces that Information Technology should focus on. You will work with other IT business systems analysts embedded on IT teams, guiding their work and mentoring them in their craft.
- Identify and investigate important problem or opportunity spaces for Information Technology, and create recommendations and strategies for whether and how to pursue these
- Analyze demand and complexity drivers in collaboration with Riot's Strategic Advisory team, and present findings and takeaways to IT leadership
- Be an expert for IT business systems analyst work and craft, mentoring IT team members and guiding projects
- Work with IT leadership to ensure teams across Riot understand IT technical strategy, author impact assessments and product rollout plans
- Help us deep-dive into complex problem spaces, explore data to surface insights, identify business opportunities and work with development teams to implement them
- Discuss technical trade-offs with engineers, communicate platform limitations with IT team members and partners
- 5+ years experience in business analyst, strategy, management consulting, or related fields
- 2+ years working on technical teams, making or helping others make decisions
- Experience driving large multi-person efforts from end-to-end, including identification and pitching, through to action and change
- Experience working with technology teams to help document requirements, processes and user guides
- Leadership and partner management skills, understanding and balancing business, customer and technical opportunities
- Advanced proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets, including rapid note-taking, process simulation, statistical modeling and user story mapping
- Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable presenting to large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting standard operating procedures, and producing user-facing documentation
- Experience mentoring individuals in their craft or discipline, and growing them into seniority
- Experience integrating systems and building integration products
- Advanced proficiency with Airtable, Jira, Miro, Python, SQL and Tableau (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).