Business Intel Engineer II, Amazon Games, Operations
28 days ago
At Amazon Games (AG), we aspire to be the most player and developer-obsessed company in gaming. We have one of the most exciting roadmaps in the industry and are actively developing and publishing a portfolio of original IP and high-ambition games. We are growing and inventing as we go - and you can join us on this journey!
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Business Intel Engineer (BIE) to grow the team. In this role, you will get the opportunity to build data pipelines and reports from external gaming platforms such as Steam (PC), Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation. This data is mission critical to enable AG to sell games and in-game items.
Our team will play a key role to the organization's automation initiative as we expand support for our existing live games such as New World and Lost Ark. All the while, we will be preparing for exciting new game launches like Throne and Liberty, Blue Protocol, Tomb Raider, The Lord of the Rings, and many more!
Key job responsibilities
- Create a seamless, unified experience for Amazon Games to sell digital content on different internal and external platforms.
- Build high-performance, reliable, and scalable data pipelines and tables from complex sources.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated user-friendly mechanisms, dashboards, and reports which can continuously scale with our growth and new launches.
- Partner with Software Engineering, Accounting, and Finance stakeholders to deliver automated solutions for existing games, while creating new capabilities for upcoming games.
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learnings from large and complicated data sets.
A day in the life
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. You will have the chance to explore, innovate and enable Amazon Games to deliver great gaming experience for customers around the world.
About the team
*Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth*
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 4+ years of analyzing and interpreting data with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. experience
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience using SQL to pull data from a database or data warehouse and scripting experience (Python) to process data for modeling
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Knowledge of advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools (familiarity with Tableau preferred)
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $79,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.