Business Development & Partnerships Manager III - NA Region
13 days ago
For every great competitive event produced by the North American Riot Commercial Partnerships team, there are premiere partners that help us deliver amazing experiences for our live audience, the fans watching at home and our pro players and teams. These invaluable partners provide the resources that allow us to do amazing activations and to build one of a kind moments to surprise and delight our audience. From the weekly content pieces to the fan being flown to Championships to meet her heroes, our sponsors do it all. But they can’t do it alone, and that is where our Partnerships Team comes in. The North American Partnership Team attracts, services and retains our partners, acting as brand ambassadors of Riot Games to external parties and as emissaries of our partners to our fans, players, and teams.
As a Business Development Partner Manager reporting to the Head of Commercial Partnerships - NA & OCE, you will help craft and grow the Riot footprint across the US and Canada and will be the driving strength behind ensuring long-term sustainability in North America and Oceania. You excel at identifying avenues through which to monetize high-quality content through sponsorship, storytelling, experiences and media distribution, while also evaluating business opportunities strategically and in a dynamic environment. You should have your own network of contacts across sports, entertainment and client direct, and be able to collaborate with our agency partners to expand that network across the continent. You understand the value proposition for sponsors and business partners, delivering a relationship that excites and benefits Riot, our community and the partner.
- Drive the partnership funnel and pipeline and negotiate sponsorship assets and deal points
- Work with our Agencies and LCS organizations in the pursuit of common business development initiatives across sponsorship, retail, experiential, distribution and marketing opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to make business first decisions for partners including deal prioritization, prospecting, and execution, which may include market-sizing analysis, research, and modeling to help inform business decisions
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic partnership as well as first of their kind deals, that will enable valuable fan experiences and support the strategic objectives of Riot Esports
- Represent NA and provide thought leadership and perspectives in external meetings with executives from other companies
- Collaborate across disciplines (publishing, broadcast, player management, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify new business models, technologies, and partnerships through which to build unique value opportunities for partner integration and cross-promotion
- Help develop and handle ongoing partnerships; ensure the successful execution of deal points
- Track performance of BD initiatives relative to budgets, schedules, milestones and performance targets and ensure stakeholders are provided actionable insight into the levers of the business
- Responsible for keeping sales management informed on progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in partnerships or sales, at least 2+ of those years as a team lead.
- Have a consistent and solid track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Expert communication skills (written or oral); experience converting large amounts of information and data into clear presentations for consumption at all levels within the company, as well as with sponsors, agencies, venues, etc
- Proven ability to create and adhere to budgets and revenue targets
- You’re strategic and able to see the big picture while simultaneously recognizing and owning the detailed tactics needed to solve complex business problems and opportunities
- You are motivated by results and have a track record of setting ambitious goals and achieving them efficiently and consistently
- You’re able to handle multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an ambitious, dynamic environment
- You are experienced in fostering and maintaining business relationships
- You have successfully lead and motivated teams to reach their targets
- Big plus if you have a real passion for video games and sports, and are excited to help blend the two both offline and online
- Bonus Points if you come from a background focused around Gaming, Sports, Distribution, Experiential, Agency or Brand Direct)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.