Business Development Manager, Esports
10 days ago
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting To: Reporting to Sr. Director, Integrated Marketing, Esports.
Capcom is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment for game consoles, PCs, handheld and wireless devices. Founded in 1983, the company has created hundreds of games including ground-breaking franchises Resident Evil®, Street Fighter®, Monster Hunter™, Ace Attorney®, Mega Man® and Devil May Cry®. Capcom maintains operations in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Tokyo, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea, with corporate headquarters located in Osaka, Japan. More information about Capcom and its products can be found at www.capcom.com or www.capcom-unity.com .
A seasoned business development manager that takes ownership of new business opportunities for Capcom’s Esports program, including event sponsorships. Must be willing to prospect for new revenue opportunities as well as review and analyze the numerous proposals submitted to the team. Candidate must be able to put together cross-departmental win-win programs (eSports, brand, licensing) and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders. Has advanced in-depth expertise in interactive entertainment industry business development, sales, licensing, sponsorship and Esports.
- Identify new business opportunities and prepare sales strategies and proposals
- Manages and conducts analysis of market trends and competition.
- Analyzes information and develops recommendations for new initiatives, alliances and partnerships. Negotiates standard deals with partners such as third-party developers.
- Must actively seek new business, a hunter, not afraid of cold calls/emails/etc.
- Help develop sponsor solutions and activation ideas for sponsor campaigns across all Street Fighter V Esports touchpoints (broadcast, content, onsite, social, web, etc.).
- Manages and conducts financial analysis, due diligence and legal review of potential new business opportunities for the organization such as strategic partnerships, licensing of outside products / talent and joint ventures.
- Responsible for setting up meetings with brands, agencies and media buyers. Supports the negotiation of highly complex business development deals.
- Coordinates closely with Esports management and internal stakeholders to understand terms of proposed deals, then independently models financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions. Assesses proposed deals to determine their financial impact.
- Execute campaign management strategies and plans; Track KPIs and other Esports related goals.
- Collaborate with internal departments, in particular the Capcom’s esports and Street Fighter brand teams.
- Communication and reporting to management and leadership team through weekly update meetings. Will be responsible for preparing and leading presentations of results to CUSA Executive Management and other key decision makers.
- May be requested to mentor less experienced members of the Esports Team.
- Close deals! Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets that generate revenue and/or expanding Capcom’s Esports and other relevant market share.
- 5+ years of gaming or esports sales, with an emphasis on content sponsorship and integration
- Strong grasp of the esports landscape, including the activity of both endemic and non-endemic brands in the space
- Knowledge of the broader esports and gaming space, including tournaments, events, teams and organizations.
- Deep understanding of the online video space with knowledge of both VOD and live streaming
- Proven ability to develop key relationships with decision makers at target partners
- The ability to think creatively, identify sales opportunities and execute against those opportunities
- Strong relationships with both traditional agencies as well as esports advertisers
- Passionate about esports and gaming!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, assertive self-starter
- Bachelors or similar four-year degree
- This job includes regular domestic air travel—Applicant must be willing to travel regularly. 25%-50% of the time.
- This job may require international air travel when required.
- Job entails long working some weekends during events.
Licenses, Certifications and Other:
A valid California Driver’s License.
Ability to lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Work is generally performed in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, knowledge, skills, abilities, or requirements, as any one position in this classification may be assigned some or all of these duties, in addition to other duties not explicitly listed here. The various duties, responsibilities and/or assignments of this position may be unevenly balanced and changed from time to time based upon matters such as, but not limited to, variations in shift schedules, work demands, seasons, service levels and management’s decisions on how to best allocate department resources. Any shift, emphasis or rebalancing of these assigned duties, responsibilities and/or assignments does not constitute a change in the job classification.