Build Engineer (Unannounced Project)
20 days ago
Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
The role will involve developing and maintaining the CI/CD system used on the project.
You will be working with Build engineers as part of DevOps team, helping development and QA teams to make the most of the build systems provided and implementing solutions to help them.
Alongside the development teams you will be working with release teams to improve build distribution and provide feedback and troubleshooting on the process.
You will report to the DevOps Team Lead.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain the Build system based on TeamCity (Windows, Linux)
- Build CI/CD pipelines for development teams
- Configure and support internal staging servers
- Create automation for internal development
- Research new building solution
What are we looking for?
- Experience in Build engineering or similar roles
- Scripting experience: Python/Bash/PowerShell
- Experience with CI/CD tools: TeamCity/Jenkins/Gitlab CI
- Experience with Version Control: Git/Perforce/SVN
- Containers for build and testing environments
- Experience with configuration management: Ansible/Puppet
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in clear and concise manner
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in fast paced environment
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems and ability to think abstractly
- Team Player
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of C++, C#
- Unreal Engine: Build Graph, build configuration
- Kubernetes knowledge
- Cloud experience: AWS/Azure/GCP
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.