Brand Marketing Director
22 days ago
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10K through Kickstarter, the Exploding Kittens campaign raised $ 8.7M
in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is one of the #1 most-backed projects in Kickstarter history and has sold over 18 million tabletop games to date.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s
founder Matthew Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games seek to reshape traditional game night into an entertaining person-to-person experience. Today, there are nearly 30 games available for purchase as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS
, and the Nintendo Switch
console, as well as a free-to-play app, Kitty Letter.
Exploding Kittens is looking for a Brand Marketing Director to join our commercial division. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and partner with our executive team to develop and deliver a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business. Your duties will include managing the go to market and marketing calendar across retail and ecommerce, assessing and improving existing initiatives and campaigns, and devising new strategies to build brand awareness. You will oversee all aspects of brand marketing including go to market, campaign execution, content creation, social media, live events, marketing partnerships and PR to help grow Exploding Kittens into the party game leader globally.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Execute existing marketing plan to help EK achieve our revenue budget and brand awareness targets for 2022
- Develop the go-forward, global marketing strategy to build our brand and support new and existing game launches across retail partners and our own DTC business
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Work closely with the Exploding Kitten’s Sales and Product team; enabling them to meet their business objectives by providing them with appropriate materials and presentations including customer surveys, insights and feedback
- Lead and grow our organic social media presence, establishing Exploding Kittens as the social leader across the Party Game category. Direct programs to increase brand awareness and recognition while driving sales across owned and partner channels
- Direct key creative asset creation and production for social media, digital marketing, retail marketing, web creative and new game launches globally
- Develop and maintain key globally partnerships that increase brand awareness, ensuring such partners are on brand and will drive awareness and sales
- Lead Public Relations initiatives including thought leadership, product launches, and events in partnership with Agency
- Build and oversee a network of reliable external agencies and marketing professionals
- Manage the brand marketing budget, providing insight into the ROI of investments
- Conduct market research to understand our customers and to stay abreast of competitor positioning
- Grow, mentor and develop our exceptional brand marketing team
- Contribute to new business development initiatives
- Frequent domestic and international travel
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field; a Master's degree in marketing or related field or an MBA desirable
- More than ten years’ experience in related consumer retail business; proven track record of success in senior marketing roles leading brand, creative, social and PR
- Substantial experience growing and creating award winning social media campaigns and channels including emergent channels (e.g. TikTok)
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader with excellent analytical skills
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of marketing: brand awareness, digital (paid and organic), influencer and live events
- Competency in software such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Must be based in Los Angeles, CA
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Learning & development allowance
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.