Brand Manager - Video Games
1 month ago
Brand Manager | Marketing | London | Full Time
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Brand defines the what and the why, and communicates our company, products and values via different channels to reach discreet audiences. By deploying marketing strategies via B2B and B2C channels Brand works to increase non-attributed acquisition, expanding our share of voice, improving brand recall and boosting our efforts to recruit world-class talent.
Brand Manager | Marketing | London | Full Time
The Brand Manager is a key member of the Brand team that owns brand marketing strategy and activation for Hutch’s games portfolio. The role involves collaborating to set the positioning strategy to target audiences, Go-To-Market planning/activation and ultimately ensuring players are aware and hyped about our games.
- Work with key production and marketing stakeholders to define brand positioning and target audience strategy for our live games.
- Execute key marketing plans and as the central coordinator of all marketing channel activity, identify opportunities to amplify them for commercial growth.
- Work with the marketing art team to deliver the marketing asset pack and ensure all marketing creative adheres to brand guidelines.
- Work with the development teams on player research initiatives to build insights, a stronger understanding of player behaviours and key growth opportunities within audience segments.
- Regularly present plans to the studio, acting as an evangelist for the brand strategy in relevant working groups.
- Regularly report on KPIs including market share growth/ variance vs. the game titles’ competitive set within key app store categories.
- Liaise, share plans and manage promotions with Apple and Google contacts to ensure Hutch’s game portfolio is well represented and regularly featured in app stores.
- Work with the licensing team to drive promotional initiatives with key strategic partners, leveraging agreements to maximise value for the relevant game titles.
- Develop and deliver the game’s PR strategy working with Hutch’s retained PR agency to grow the relevance of this key communication channel via both specialist games and automotive media.
- Ideally, you will have a love for games and all things automotive!
- You will have significant experience in-game marketing, preferably working in F2P mobile or GAAS model businesses.
- You will have developed and owned brand marketing strategy and be able to demonstrate where your efforts have led to career wins.
- You will have had budget management experience in developing complex multi-channel marketing initiatives, and be able to present the outcomes.
- Excellent organisational, project management and written and verbal communication skills.
- A problem solver, you are confident, persuasive and highly self-motivated.
- Knowledge of our competitor's marketing initiatives and the desire/ capability to take Hutch to the next level.
- A diplomatic and professional approach, able to gather and share information in an energetic and inclusive manner, while dealing effectively with challenging situations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Media, Communications or Business Management.
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days (spend one day every two weeks working on a personal project)
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.