Brand Manager, Esports, India & South Asia
20 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Brand Manager for eSports you will be responsible for overseeing the publishing and marketing activities for Riot’s eSports activities in the India & South Asia markets. You will be responsible for creating authentic on-brand content, implementing campaigns, and building a strong brand for our eSports product, while working with global and local artists, producers, designers, agency partners and internal Riot Games teams. You will also be responsible for publishing and marketing to grow awareness, events viewership and fan loyalty for our eSports brands. You will also work with creative, communication, and global publishing teams in developing brand strategy, campaign planning, campaign management, and creative stewardship. Your work will help shape and deepen fandom for eSports events, ensure an amazing player experience for our eSports events, and bring in new players, viewers, and fans to our eSports initiatives.
As a Rioter in India, you’ll join a team of bright, motivated individuals who share a passion for delivering world-class player experiences to gamers in the region. This role will report to the Country Manager - India & South Asia, and will be based in Mumbai.
- Build a comprehensive brand strategy and GTM strategy for our eSports initiatives for the India and South Asia region.
- Build a strategic plan to grow viewership & engagement for eSports in the India and South Asia region, working closely with the eSports product teams.
- Evaluate, advocate, and drive new initiatives that elevates and reinforces our eSports product and excites fans and viewers.
- Increase brand awareness for our eSports initiatives using multiple channels, resulting in supercharged new player acquisition growth.
- Be deeply connected with players, and analyze and understand the player journey and pain points to help improve the player experience.
- Deliver impactful campaigns and promotions to engage and retain existing players.
- Oversee the development of local marketing assets to ensure they are of the highest standards and in alignment with our brand guidelines
- Establish and use KPIs to steer our marketing efforts to maximize performance of our eSports campaigns and brand efforts.
- Be a spokesperson of our eSports initiatives & an ambassador of Riots vision to be the most player focused company in the world
- Cultivate and promote the Riot culture and values
- 5+ years of brand management and marketing experience
- An MBA with focus on marketing is preferred for this role
- Is a gamer or gaming enthusiast with deep player empathy and a passion for games. Previous experience in the gaming or eSports industry is a plus, but is not required.
- Deep understanding of the India & South Asia markets and cultural contexts
- Experience in creating global campaigns and delivering marketing programs.
- Experience in partnering with international teams to build localized brand experiences.
- Experience in working with agency partners to deliver successful brand campaigns.
- Strategic, analytical, and insight-informed, uses data and insights to plan how to grow our brands and how to deepen engagement of players with our brands.
- Experience in working in the eSports industry is a plus.
- Demonstrates the Riot values : Player Experience First, Dare to Dream, Thrive Together, Execute with Excellence, and Stay Hungry; Stay Humble.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.