This job might no longer be available.
22 days ago
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a passionate Bilingual Specialist (Japanese/English) to help review and elevate our exciting IPs. This role will be responsible for reviewing and otherwise supporting our various projects to ensure games are released with the highest regards to quality. We expect someone ready to get hands on, play the game, review texts, attend English voice over (VO) recording sessions, listen to incoming VO, and otherwise help own the game’s linguistic quality from start to finish! You will be working closely with the Producers to release the best game possible. Below, you’ll find some of the attributes we’re looking for in a Bilingual Specialist.
Join us at our new campus in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on English recording scripts, know how to best review and organize complex information
- Assist the Producers in preparing and executing voice recording sessions, as well as reviewing the finished assets
- Audit English translation quality and provide actionable feedback
- Proofread and edit English game text to help ensure the highest quality possible
- Provide ad-hoc translations as well as support the other team members
- Support Production Management in tracking English quality across all our touch points, and help document and escalate issues in order to allow for prompt mitigation
- Coordinate with the other team members to balance the workload
- N1 or equivalent level of Japanese proficiency; native level of English proficiency
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry
- 2+ years of experience with tasks related to voice over recording
- Meticulously detailed, organized, and comfortable prioritizing assignments
- Knowledge of first party requirements
- Knowledge of industry tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and XLOC
- Connoisseur of anime, movies, and familiarity with Bandai Namco IPs
- Avid player of Bandai Namco’s video games
$53,283.60 - $84,615.60
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
About Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.