Backend Developer with Full-Stack Capabilities
29 days ago
Within the Creative Research team, you will work in the intersection of game development and Machine Learning areas. As a Backend Developer (full stack), you will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers.
The ideal candidate won’t just help us to solve tasks, but will bring a new knowledge and experience to the team. We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and accountability.
Responsibilities extend to developing features for diverse games and cross-platform engines, providing you with the opportunity to engage with cutting-edge technologies prevalent in the gaming industry. Your primary objective will be to deliver state-of-the-art Machine Learning solutions that enhance our game development processes.
What will you do?
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards and within different game engines and for different platforms. Modify game code to allow effective implementation of ML algorithms.
- Work on internal and user facing services.
- Deploy and support ML services infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain cloud-based solutions for ML in company.
- Develop big-data processing and ml pipelines.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
Who are we looking for?
- 6+ years of total commercial programming experience
- 3+ years' experience with Python
- Experience with queue systems (rabbitmq, kafka)
- Experience working with pipeline orchestrators (Airflow, prefect)
- Experience working with sql and non-sql DB (postgres, mongo, redis)
- Experience working with web frameworks (fastapi, flask, django)
- Experience working with clouds (aws, azure, gcp)
- Understanding of basic ML concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Teamwork experience, ability to work independently as well as in small teams with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with big data: Hadoop, databricks
- Experience with kubernetes, docker
- Experience with gitlab-ci or other CI/CD tools
- Good understanding of different concurrency programming techniques (async, threads, processes)
- Practical experience working using SOLID principles
The salary range for this role in Vilnius is EUR 4.200 - 5.800 monthly gross.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Vilnius include:
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal Allowance
- Premium Private Health Care (with Gym training / Wellness program…)
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.