Backend Developer [C++/ Security] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
5 days ago
The Game Security Development team develops solutions that help Ubisoft maintaining the integrity of its games. To be tackled security risks can cover a wide range such as cheating, server-security and information disclosure. The backend developer works on maintaining, managing, and extending the custom C++ backend solution, as well as developing new solutions to facilitate analytics and operations.
Your primary objective as Backend Developer in the game security field is to develop and improve the online part of new and/or existing security solutions that’ll be used directly or indirectly by our game development teams to maintain the security of their games.
· Actively participate in planning, designing, developing and testing the solutions.
· Evaluate and select tools and technology for new features or improvements.
· Perform load tests and optimize bottlenecks.
· Actively work on the deployment and live operation processes for our online backend.
· Improve security and resilience of the existing systems.
· Connect the existing backend to other online systems within Ubisoft
· Integrate databases where needed.
· Acquire knowledge of the online part of existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions.
· Collaborate with other team members for adapting the online services to specific
· Good knowledge of C++
· Systematic and pragmatic mindset
· Proficiency in oral and written English
· Experience in developing scale-able online systems
· Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases, including data-modeling and administration
· Experience in programming robust and efficient code
· Comfortable working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field
· Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
Desirable skills and knowledge
Good understanding of:
· Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of online services
· Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games
· Continuous integration and automated deployment
· Cloud-hosted infrastructure
· Asynchronous patterns
· Reverse engineering is a plus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.