Backend Cloud Service Engineer
29 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Backend Cloud Service Engineer (MetaHuman)
What we do
Unreal powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
As a BCSE you will work on the infrastructure and services supporting MetaHuman products, such as MeshToMetaHuman and MetaHuman Creator. At Epic we are expanding our product offerings to support MetaHumans which includes an increased use of cloud based technologies. You will be working with our teams on containerisation of Unreal Engine technologies, integration with K8S and other infrastructure solutions, CI and deployment, and maintenance of these. You will work with multiple teams across multiple locations.
In this role, you will
- Develop solutions for high availability, highly scalable, services using Unreal Engine in the cloud.
- Liaise with the Unreal Services team (UCS) and be the main technical point of contact between our teams.
- Design and work on implementing solutions both on the service side and within Unreal Engine.
- Work with the wider MetaHuman engineering team to inform and support development of cloud based services.
- Be responsible for development work and provide input and recommendations to planning and strategy for our our services.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of Docker and containerised application development.
- Sufficient knowledge of modern web technologies (e.g. Web Sockets)
- Very familiar with working on microservice architectures.
- Full backend experience and knowledge from queues to databases to networking to distributed system challenges to performance optimization
- Exceptional programming skills in at least one compiled language like Go, Java, C, C++, Rust.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.