Back-End Web Developer (Mobile)
2 months ago
As a Back-End Web Developer at Ubi MTL, you’ll join our 1492 Studio team to help build the server-side of a new installment of the Is it Love? mobile game franchise.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, focusing on coding, debugging, and optimizing.
- Work closely with front-end developers and interdependent teams across our studios.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and integrate data storage solutions & maintain server infrastructure.
- Deploy the game application on iOS and Android + adapt it to new platforms.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Around 3 years of web or mobile development experience or related experience
- Knowledge of server infrastructure; cloud providers; Android and iOS development tools; bug tracking software (e.g. Jira); and source control software
- Automated testing and database experience
- A collaborative spirit
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills + plenty of flexibility
- Curiosity and a willingness to continue learning (new tools, new techniques – anything to develop best practices and bring about innovative ideas)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A bit about 1492 Studio & Is it Love?
Ubisoft recently acquired 1492 Studio, a leading creator of free-to-play episodic and interactive stories on mobile. Founded in 2014 in France, 1492 Studio developed the successful Is it Love? franchise, a series of interactive romance dramas in which players influence the course of a story based on their choices. With six instalments released, the series has a highly engaged community and counts more than 20 million downloads to date. To tackle the North American market, expand its mobile catalogue, and become a key player in the growing episodic narrative-driven game genre, the 1492 Studio team is growing and setting up in Montreal.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.