This job might no longer be available.
Audio Tech Artist
14 days ago
Technical Audio Artist
Location: Victoria,, British Columbia, Canada
Who We Are
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
The Challenge Ahead
As an associate technical audio artist at Metalhead/EA, your focus is on creating quality workflows, shareable, future facing tech and data, and collaborating with game teams, central staff and the EA community at large. You are a key component of your audio team and identify risks, share solutions, seek help internally and externally to your teams and contribute with a positive, inclusive attitude.
- Build audio runtime systems with visual programming and scripting languages
- Create, extend and manage simple and complex audio assets and structures
- Support artists by training, debugging and developing/improving workflows
- Optimize and debug runtime audio data to work and fit within modern console limitations
- Document data structures, workflows and best practices
- Communicate designs, best practices and risks to your team and the greater EA community
- Exposure to both visual programming and text-based scripting/coding languages, with some proficiency in at least one language
- Capability to become effective in both visual programming and scripting languages
- Experience in content/data management
- Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity
- Experience in audio production in any capacity
Nice to Have
- Experience debugging workflows, pipelines or runtime systems or assets
- Some experience in both visual programming and scripting languages
- Experience in video game or production industry
- Experience developing workflows
- Sound design experience
- Audio editing experience
- Understanding of digital audio, acoustics and/or psychoacoustics fundamentals
- Experience in content production pipelines such as audio/visual asset generation for games, movies or TV, voiceover recording or post production.
"BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $63,350 - $98,800 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. "
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.