Audio QA Technician - CA Sofia
6 days ago
ApplyAs the Audio QA Technician on the team, you will be responsible for finding and entering issues into the project database. With a focus on audio, you will work closely with our talented development team to help ensure the audio quality of titles within the award-winning Total War series.
We are looking for someone who can work under guidance from Senior and Lead testers with an excellent eye and ear for detail and can apply a methodical approach to tasks and problem solving to find and accurately log defects.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the audio arts with previous experience working in QA in a development environment, is familiar with the development process and has a technical background in a relevant audio-focused discipline.
The primary functions of the role are to find, grade and report defects completely and concisely and aid in the reproduction and further investigation of issues as required, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. As a QA Technician specialising in audio you will need to be capable of following requests from the Senior and Lead Audio QA to achieve objectives and team goals.
You will be responsible for recording test results and task progress daily, including completion info status, in the requested formats as well as verification and regression of defects that have been fixed. You will be expected to acquire in-depth knowledge of core features for titles in development and use in house tools to improve bug quality and accuracy.
Working with the rest of QA and the audio development team, you will aim towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily by logging and communicating clear and concise defects with the correct classification.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format.
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- An awareness of QA processes and demonstratable knowledge on bug reporting.
- Ability to follow set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues.
- Wide-ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games.
- A passion for video game audio and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video game audio.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to audio Games Testing.
- Previous QA Experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in an audio-related field
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- Experience using audio middleware software such as Wwise.
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio.
- Experience playing the latest titles in the Total War franchise.
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved.
- Experience using Jira, DevSuite and Perforce.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with animation or database-related game tools
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams, and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.