1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Audio Programmer will provide tool development and technical system design and implementation for CSG’s audio department. Working across an array of PlayStation Studios interactive titles, the role will involve game code, middleware, plugin and offline tool development while interfacing with multiple teams across the globe such as R&D, platform, game teams and QA. This is not a music composition role.
The Creative Services Group (CSG) is an award-winning centralised internal creative agency within PlayStation Studios. We endeavour to build a working environment where our people flourish and create their best work. Structured around eight core disciplines; Brand Design, UI/UX, Motion, Video, Film, Sound, Music and Programming, we deliver projects in collaboration with our game development, marketing and PR teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design of audio tools for sound design and music team.
- Process tools to drive automated build systems
- Audio processing plugins for audio engines
- Linking of game systems to audio engine
- Linking game system authoring tools to sound design tools
- Complex new audio engine features
- Planning, documenting and implementing all relevant audio systems in collaboration with other members of the audio programming team
- Supporting the sound design and music production team in tooling requests and game debugging.
- Ensure code developed runs in an efficient manner and is bug free
- Debugging code such that it is release ready
- Providing packaged releases of audio systems
- Ownership of overall audio tech delivery on a game
What we are looking for:
- 3+ Years production experience and 1 shipped title on console/PC/Mobile
- Passionate about audio and video games
- Strong experience in C++ and object orientated design
- Experience in C# .NET and WPF
- Strong knowledge of 3D mathematics
- Knowledge of acoustics and digital signal processing
- Experience of audio production software: Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Reaper.
- Great communicator: strong written and verbal skills
- Loves solving complex problems
- Well-organised, detailed orientated and maintains high standards
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.