Audio Manager (Hybrid)
4 days ago
We are looking for an Audio Manager to join our team! This individual is responsible for instilling excellence through the direct management, mentorship, and development of a world-class team of Audio Designers. The role provides a critical component of the studio’s mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives by helping foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity.
- Create exciting, powerful audio within spatial environments to enhance the player's level of immersion.
- Supervise direct reports on the Audio team and participate in strategy and decision making, guiding team members to accomplish their best work.
- Evaluate team members’ objectives and ensure that department goals are being met.
- Facilitate team training via internal and external sources, providing mentoring on an individual basis.
- Assist Group Manager with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop, refine, and document best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities.
- Advocate for studio cultural values and foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Collaborate on long-term strategic resource planning and technical solutions to ensure growth through creative problem solving and operational constraints.
- Create project audio schedules and assign employees to projects to balance the needs of production with the professional development needs of the employee.
- 5+ experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and/or implementation of music and SFX, dialogue recording and editing, audio post or music composition in a AAA production development studio.
- Real-time engine experience with Unreal (other engine knowledge a plus). Ability to create and/or implement using blueprints to a safe and optimized standard.
- Working knowledge of FMod and WWise middleware as well as popular DAWs (Reaper preferred).
- Experience working with non-interactive media such as trailers or other promotional video work.
- Able to work to differing feature sets and requirements between different consoles and formats.
- Demonstrated high-level business, strategic and contemporary management skills oriented both towards the big picture and operational detail.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that many times it’s appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- Effective time management, experienced navigating simultaneous projects with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- A Team Leader with a strong critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with the team to resolve issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the poise and the ability to relate effectively to others at all levels, in large groups to individuals.
Who we are -
We are nDreams, a world-leading game developer and publisher with nearly a decade of VR specialism. Combining a drive to push technological boundaries with proven gaming excellence, we are the team who set the standard for VR action games with Fracked and the award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
With our team’s triple-A credentials and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, we’ve got the skillset, processes and creative vision to deliver innovative, high-end games for all VR platforms and genres. If it’s VR gaming, you will find nDreams at the forefront of it.
Our projects continue to advance the present and define the future of VR. Want to be a part of it? Apply today to join a studio with a state-of-the-art collaborative workflow and diverse talents assembled from world-leading game developers and publishers.
Our expanding company shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and leading the future of VR. We encourage an open and diverse culture and empower people to explore ideas and put their own stamp on their work. With humble beginnings as an independent studio, we combine amazing projects and considerable scale with a personal, caring touch.
We offer great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time and support, as well as regular socials and parties. Beyond this, there’s an excellent holiday offering, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and much more. Our newly refurbished nDreams studio space has some fantastic facilities and is built around collaborative work (and play!).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.