12 days ago
What you will do:
Conception, realization and final rendering of parts of the audio in game, following and developing the intentions of the audio director. Report to the audio director.
- Creation and enhancement of game features and gameplay mechanics with audio designs.
- Working closely with game and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design.
- Working with various audio engine features, commercial wave editors and take an active role in improvement and bug-fixing.
- Works closely with programmers to solve technical issues and to ensure a high quality soundscape.
- Defining features and tasks for projects.
- Sound design including field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work, etc.
- Mixing and mastering of linear media.
- Participate in the creation of the game at the creative level (with the game designers, creative director, artistic director, etc.) to enhance the player’s immersion and experience.
- Take part in the assessment of the sound content that is not included in the game (e.g. trailer, teaser, marketing…) or develop this content in-house.
What you should be equipped with:
- Education Background in Audio, Sound Design, Music or other relevant training. Solid skills in audio recording, processing and mixing (Pro Tools or Reaper is essential to master)
- Sound design experience with credits of successful project(s)
- Very knowledgeable in entertainment industry in terms of video games, movies, TV series, music and fashion culture. Good skills in Game Engine Editors (Unity, Unreal...) A passion for creating and playing video games
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
- Familiarity with a variety of other audio middleware application. Familiarity with audio specifications of various game platforms
- Dialogue & Field Recording experience
- Musical proficiency
- Understanding/ Experienced skill with scripts (Lua/Nodal etc.)
- Experience in Perforce
- Basic programming skill with C, C++
- Ability to implementation basic programming algorithm
- Familiarity with Max/MSP (or Csound, Pd, etc.) , knowledge about audio programming and software DS
What you will also get:
· An international working environment
· FUN Culture
· Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About UBISOFT & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com